Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

5 safety tips for your next open house

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 01 Oct 2014, 11:33 AM Agree 0
The most recent kidnap and murder of a real estate agent during a showing is being taken as a lesson to sales reps throughout North America.
  • Alan K | 01 Oct 2014, 07:31 PM Agree 0
    Have a friend call you every 30 minutes; a failure to reply within two minutes should be the automatic trigger for a 911 call. Have an "I'm in trouble" code word or phrase pre-arranged between you and your friend, something like "I just showed the property to a man from Azerbaijan". Never move without your cell phone; don't leave it on a table! Have a First Aid kit with you. If you cannot escape, drive your fingers into the attackers eyes. Yell "Fire!". Hit the Panic button on your car key. Remember, only one person is going to be able to walk away from this encounter; make sure that that person is you!
  • Tarlochan Singh | 04 Oct 2014, 05:51 PM Agree 0
    You can send text message to your friend briefing behaviour of visitor or risk of any attack if you fear. You can also call your friend and keep the phone on without displaying the visitor that your phone is on mode with someone. Your friend will be aware of all the conversation between you and the visitor. If your friend notice any risk of attack from the conversation between you and the visitor, your friend can call police for your help.
Post a reply