Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

A housing type about to sweep the nation

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 04 May 2016, 08:45 AM Agree 0
This trend in housing will help your clients more easily afford a home – and gain you larger commissions
  • LanceH | 04 May 2016, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    I've always promoted homes with income (and practice what I preach!). Now that CMHC uses 100% of rental income to help buyers qualify,
    for sure this is a gooder idea! Whether it's parents, or adult children, or strangers to income qualify, or even if it sits empty, one can still use the space as a rec room and bedroom(s) as home offices, (or music room, or craft room, or . . . or . . . )
  • Lorenzo | 04 May 2016, 02:10 PM Agree 0
    I am opposed, for the most part, to apartment rentals anywhere... because most such places attract itinerant tenants who don't take such good care of their living spaces and that's simply because they don't own them. Further, density creep means more traffic, parked cars everywhere, pizza deliveries at all hours of the night, taxi cars coming and going at all hours... the quality of life for someone who owns his/her own house next to a rental dwelling is quickly gone and big-time annoyance creeps in.
  • Tom | 15 May 2016, 06:04 PM Agree 0
    If a new development of this housing type with proper planning to prepare services for no. of households to be brought in may not be a bad idea. However, if individual modification of single properties to house multi-families in an originally single family residential area is a bad idea, it would degenerate the living environment of the community and is not fair to those who do not need a rental basement to help paying for their mortgages. If a person could not afford to buy in one neighborhood, he can go any where else that he can afford, he should not border the existing residents who are enjoying their existing living environment in the community he could not afford.
  • Get off your high horse | 18 May 2016, 11:08 AM Agree 0
    Lorenzo, people who rent are people too.
    They aren't lower class citizens.
    Having pizza delivered isn't going to harm you.
    You paragraph is a joke.
    Renters help pay someone's mortgage! Due to often times, the person who OWNS wants to be lazy and not work! Lol
    So they put in a suite and want the renter to pay the mortgage!
    Lol

So who really is the lazy one up all night--with no job!
    The landlord!
  • A lesson in egotism | 18 May 2016, 11:18 AM Agree 0
    Tom
    Rentals and or rentals in basements do not degenerate a community or living environment.
    Give your head a shake!
    People who rent are EXACTLY like people who own. They're people.
    People paying to live to keep a roof to live under.

You trying to imply renters or basement suites somehow affect your neighbourhood?

You sound ridiculous.

Maybe your personality lowers the entire world with such an egotistical viewpoint.

Renters pay mortgages for people!!!

Renters are gold!! If there were people renting?

Owners on title of a home and mortgage may not even be able to pay their mortgage.

Raising rent isn't solving problems either.

One day...when you live in a care home or hospital? With neighbours? You'll think more carefully about your "I'm better than you" attitude.

Don't move to England to live by the queen.
    Because you, Tom, will be less than...and considered riff raff...below the queen and someone who degenerated the neighbourhood!!

Lolol

• TOM THE GREAT | 18 May 2016, 12:23 PM Agree 0

Tom | 15 May 2016, 06:04 PM Agree 0
    If a new development of this housing type with proper planning to prepare services for no. of households to be brought in may not be a bad idea. However, if individual modification of single properties to house multi-families in an originally single family residential area is a bad idea, it would degenerate the living environment of the community and is not fair to those who do not need a rental basement to help paying for their mortgages. If a person could not afford to buy in one neighborhood, he can go any where else that he can afford, he should not border the existing residents who are enjoying their existing living environment in the community he could not afford.
    Reply Report

WOW! WHAT A HORRIBLE ATTITUDE TOM HAS.
    TOM, WHO IS BETTER THAN OTHERS. TOM WHO CANNOT LIVE NEXT TO A HOME WITH A BASEMENT SUITE.
    TOM WHO LITERALLY HAS NO COMPASSSION FOR OTHER FOLKS AND/OR THE COST OF HOUSING.

HOPE I NEVER MEET TOM OR ANYONE LIKE TOM.
Post a reply