Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Agent: I beat my wife to keep her from shopping

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 15 May 2015, 11:45 AM Agree 0
A former real estate board president, currently on trial for attempted murder, told a courtroom that he beat his wife to the brink of death in an effort to keep her from shopping.
  • dP | 15 May 2015, 12:14 PM Agree 0
    I suppose there are idiots from all aspects of life. How could this guy fairly run as president with that sort of stupidity and hidden inability to face facts.
  • | 15 May 2015, 12:34 PM Agree 0
    I blame the CRA. lol
  • | 15 May 2015, 04:01 PM Agree 0
    Debt places a huge strain on families to the point that irrational behavior appears to be rational. The CRA could have been sympathetic to strike a deal for repayment of past due amounts, unfortunately if one never asks for help, it can never be given. Debt councelling should be taught at school and in the home along with financial management, so the next generation understands what to do and how to handle financial success or financial disaster.
  • | 15 May 2015, 04:17 PM Agree 0
    How many women live in blind ignorance of what the family's true financial situation looks like? Marriage is a partnership and should be treated as such. I'm not advocating Annual General Meetings, but both spouses should have a handle of money coming in and money going out? Many women are actually earning more than men these days.............
  • george | 16 May 2015, 10:17 AM Agree 0
    ..this guy is mentally ill...beating his wife to the point of almost killing the poor woman over shopping.? Then trying to justify the beating by not "using full strength"...does not pass the giggle test. How did he get in debt?...gambling, drugs,...I say throw him in jail where he will have lots of opportunities to fight...I bet he's a wimpy coward who will soon become "bubba's baitch" your time and man up goof....
  • Lesa | 16 May 2015, 10:27 AM Agree 0
    Drug abuse, lying. Work for anyone yet?
  • John | 19 May 2015, 12:44 PM Agree 0
    Employees of the CRA think they are on a power trip. They act as if all are cheats except them. People primary purpose in life is to earn an income and to put food on their table and a roof over their heads for their families and themselves. Why are filing of taxes so confusing and complicated? It is designed to keep the accountants employed and secure. There are credits and debits to make the filing even more confusing. CRA are a drain on people's income. For one thing, a lot of taxpayers have to waste a lot of time figuring out the filing of taxes instead of spending time earning more income or in leisure. When one buys a product be it $100/- or $10,000/- one has to pay the same rate. Why can't the tax rate be the same irrespective of income. Low income earners could get a rebate check to top up their income. Keep it simple and get rid of employees of the CRA who are a drain on taxpayers and do not add profits to the bottom line. Filing of taxes should be no more than one page.
  • | 19 May 2016, 06:37 PM Agree 0
    You could blame CRA if in fact it was Christopher's first time at having tax problems.
    This was NOT his first time at being garnished by CRA for the same issue of not paying his taxes. So it is not CRÀ fault. Christopher actually didn't even file his taxes. He also set up accounts with Paul rushforth real estate so the company collected the tax money for Christopher and all Christopher had to do was sent the money to CRA (write the check). HE DIDNT do that either. Instead he went on trips to Disney world and spent the money others lavish ways. So why would anyone feel sorry for a person who did the same thing over and over? CRA tried to teach him many lessons about filing and paying his taxes......but for some reason Christopher must have believed he was above everyone and CRA. CRA doesn't just garnish a persons wages 100% on your first offence.........imagine how many times it actually took for CRA to get to the 100% garnish penalty. It was actually many many chances that Christopher was given by CRA.

Post a reply