Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Agent: winning clients is like picking up people at the bar

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 01 May 2017, 08:22 AM Agree 0
Earning clients is similar to meeting people at the bar, argues one agent who is currently working on his first book: You can either have a transactional relationship or one that’s built on trust
  • Mark Ranger RE/MAX | 01 May 2017, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    Ask the girl at the bar "Who are you? Talk to me, tell me about yourself (with sincerity otherwise move on)". And then LISTEN.
  • | 01 May 2017, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    Ask a girl if she wants to come home with you. O.K.
    I think you need a better analogy for real estate.
  • Monika | 02 May 2017, 01:17 AM Agree 0
    offer a girl a drink is your "value proposition" and then ask her to come home with you? And you call that a transaction? I won't be reading that book!
  • Maria | 02 May 2017, 09:09 PM Agree 0
    "winning clients is like picking up people at the bar" - sounds like this agent knows what he's talking about - must be pick-up-girls-at-the-bar
    artist, so could not come up with any better comparison. The woman, that sells sex and is looking to pick-up clients could have come up with a similar comparison, while sharing her achieved wisdom through her experiences - she's a business person as well.
    The point is : this sounds low and unprofessional for a RE Agent to compare this way.
    Would not be interested in reading his book or would not want to be his client, even if a good discount was offered.
  • Linda | 04 May 2017, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    This is the Buffini strategy - building relationships... Not a new concept...

• Joyce | 07 May 2017, 02:32 PM Agree 0
    OMG who is this guy!!
Post a reply