Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Agent: winning clients is like picking up people at the bar

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 01 May 2017, 08:22 AM Agree 0
Earning clients is similar to meeting people at the bar, argues one agent who is currently working on his first book: You can either have a transactional relationship or one that’s built on trust
  • Mark Ranger RE/MAX | 01 May 2017, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    Ask the girl at the bar "Who are you? Talk to me, tell me about yourself (with sincerity otherwise move on)". And then LISTEN.
  • | 01 May 2017, 01:04 PM Agree 0
    Ask a girl if she wants to come home with you. O.K.
    I think you need a better analogy for real estate.
  • Monika | 02 May 2017, 01:17 AM Agree 0
    offer a girl a drink is your "value proposition" and then ask her to come home with you? And you call that a transaction? I won't be reading that book!
  • Maria | 02 May 2017, 09:09 PM Agree 0
    "winning clients is like picking up people at the bar" - sounds like this agent knows what he's talking about - must be pick-up-girls-at-the-bar
    artist, so could not come up with any better comparison. The woman, that sells sex and is looking to pick-up clients could have come up with a similar comparison, while sharing her achieved wisdom through her experiences - she's a business person as well.
    The point is : this sounds low and unprofessional for a RE Agent to compare this way.
    Would not be interested in reading his book or would not want to be his client, even if a good discount was offered.
  • Linda | 04 May 2017, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    This is the Buffini strategy - building relationships... Not a new concept...

• Joyce | 07 May 2017, 02:32 PM Agree 0
    OMG who is this guy!!
  • Jemma | 25 Sep 2017, 04:04 PM Agree 0
    I think we are all focusing on the transaction part of this article..Which is what he is saying he is not. Maybe the girl at the bar analogy wasn't the best sentence for the article.
    I believe what he is saying, is when you met someone you want to spend time to get to know them, you introduce yourself, you build a rapport and then you commit to the next step. He just used a fun method. I know this Realtor and know that he is as professional as they can get. He takes his career very serious and puts his clients needs before his own. In his brokerage he is #9 in the nation. So I understand that it probably came across in the wrong format to some but this is a very kind and professional man who values the respect of everyone around him. So before you judge do a little bit of research and get to know who this man is. Remember it's an article someone wrote on him!
Post a reply