Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Agents screwing up social media

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 11 May 2015, 08:05 AM Agree 0
If you’re like most agents, you’re using social media to post your listings. And according to one social media expert, you have to cut it out.
  • Unqualified | 11 May 2015, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Agents are shameless mimics. If one agent does something... they all do it. Regardless of if it's proven to work or not.

Blogs... Twitter posts... Facebook pages..... you are hard pressed to find an agent that actually writes something meaningful or genuine.

So instead they repost the same tired "blog" postings supplied by their brokerage .... or they pay those outsourced Asian cyber-sweat-shops to write postings for them.

Then they find there are no measurable results... obviously. Then they eventually abandon the blog and any visitors to their website see the last posting is from January 2012.

"Experts in Marketing" (but they have no marketing background, experience or qualifications)

WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Post THIS on your Facebook page!!!"
  • G | 11 May 2015, 01:00 PM Agree 0
    You should try writing something meaningful instead of trolling the internet and commenting with nonfactual info. Not much difference between what you are writing and complaining about.

With that said almost every business and industry misuses social media. Not isolated to just the Real Estate industry.
  • Bah! | 11 May 2015, 01:21 PM Agree 0
    Waste of time article like 85% of the stuff they publish.
  • | 11 May 2015, 01:49 PM Agree 0
    "screwing up" will not be in the title of anything I care to read
  • Dick Brady | 11 May 2015, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    Social Media is a "supply" for which there really is no "demand". It is out there so people feel they must use it. It is very useful for the reason it was created ie: by people wanting to stay in contact with other people for "social" reasons. If you have family that is scattered all over, or someone that is travelling and they can post pictures and commentary from wherever they happen to be at the time. I believe Facebook and Twitter have absolutely no application commercially, linkedIn - some commercial value, but then again, I believe that is what it was created for. Crazed thoughts from a non-believer....... It was created by "kids" (albeit very smart ones) for Kids and along the way, it was hijacked.
  • Deadbeat | 11 May 2015, 04:02 PM Agree 0
    How about a great big 'STAY CALM AND BUY REAL ESTATE"? That should get the phone ringing.
  • Top 100 | 11 May 2015, 08:18 PM Agree 0
    Do what works for YOU. That is the best advice. There is no formula that makes you standout or if you follow one, welcome to SAME.
Post a reply