Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Alberta real estate agent’s licence suspended

Notify me of new replies via email
Ephraim Vecina | 22 Aug 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Agent barred from operating for his refusal to cooperate with an investigator
  • Where's the News? | 22 Aug 2016, 10:59 AM Agree 0
    Maybe if the reporting discussed the problem or issue at hand. Why the Realtor is not cooperating? Why is there an investigation?
    What is the point of this report other than to defame the Realtor? There is no value to other realtors in this reporting. FYI I am not associated with any Realtor or Real Estate in Alberta. I simply find REP to be lacking in its reporting and if they are going to keep sending me emails, I would hope for better reporting, otherwise it's just SPAM.
  • LS | 22 Aug 2016, 11:19 AM Agree 0
    I agree with this comment. No frame of reference for this at all. Very poor reporting.
  • | 22 Aug 2016, 11:31 AM Agree 0
    Frame of reference"refusing to co operate" his own governing body took it seriously enough to suspend, why not co operate and get your story told?
  • | 22 Aug 2016, 03:59 PM Agree 0
    I agree, without a little more information I did not need to know this.
  • peter b. realtor | 30 Aug 2016, 07:53 AM Agree 0
    Reporting that an agent has been suspended for "refusing to co-operate with an investigation" does defame the agent (the assumption being that there is something to hide" but it is also a serious issue in there there must be some motivation on the agent's part to not want to "co-operate". From a "reporting" perspective, and I don't consider this a report, rather it is a 'parroting" of another story, doesn't do much to clarify the issue either.
    REM should take some initiative and contact the agent. He may (or may not) want to speak with a 3rd party, feeling perhaps that the investigation is a snow job. If he doesn't divulge more details, that may also be a reflection of his actions and motivation to NOT want to co-operate.

Simply pointing a crooked finger is hardly proof.
Post a reply