Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

B.C. home inspectors call for post-bid cooldown period

Notify me of new replies via email
Ephraim Vecina | 08 Jul 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
More and more buyers in Vancouver are sidestepping inspections altogether so that they can win in their respective bids, a home inspectors’ group warns
  • Ron | 08 Jul 2016, 11:42 AM Agree 0
    Inspectors Whining...... we had that here in Alberta awhile back..... after the market cooled... it seems 5 of 10 inspections "failed".. just so the inspector could get another job. They need to stop whining. Its the buyers decision. It will eventually change around. They don't care about the consumer, they are just complaining about their job. Instead of forcing legislation, try getting creative and marketing to sellers for pre sale inspection. A clean inspection could drive the price even higher.
    Bunch of babies!
  • mink | 08 Jul 2016, 02:04 PM Agree 0
    Not sure if it is true, but I was told about 20 years ago, there were very few people did home inspection when they purchased a property. So, I think home inspectors should stop whining and ride out the ups and downs of the industry like other professions.
  • | 13 Jul 2016, 02:30 PM Agree 0
    I would like to know where they are getting their stats---contracts are private. There are a number of sale with a structure that is not going to be used and will be torn down.
    This is a big statement, lots of hot air. The media would be all over this, as they were in 2006-2008, those days behind us.

Perhaps if building inspectors would remove their Hugh clause in their inspection contract that goes on about what they are not responsible for??? may see inspections hold more water?? excuse pun
Post a reply