Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Baby boomers not causing a housing downturn after all

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 15 Dec 2014, 09:28 AM Agree 0
Baby boomers aren’t moving out of their homes in droves after all, which might mean a dangerous shortage of listings if developers don’t ramp up building.
  • Jackie Laurin | 15 Dec 2014, 06:19 PM Agree 0
    Lets welcome the growth and live in the here and now instead of worrying about the downsizing and the media scare!
    People move out of their homes when they can't take of themselves nor their homes anymore. The new seniors or baby boom aging society for the most are fit seniors and true to their 60's period and have saved for their long term housing. I don't see a vast overall population/exit moving to the condos, no heck, they want to stay in their homes they are improving or renovating rather than move into a much smaller place without their garden. I'm in the industry for 40 years and if I believed all the negative media and governmental predictions I read and here, , I would of moved in a sunshine state in a trailer park and enjoy golfing.. No.. the markets are doing just fine.. let's keep the machine going so our children can continue on with their time to buy homes.

Jackie Laurin
Post a reply