Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

‘Bad’ neighbourhoods looking good as listing shortage continues

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 23 Jan 2015, 09:23 AM Agree 0
With no end in sight to the listings drought in Toronto, some agents are pointing to a former ‘bad’ neighbourhood as the newest investment hotspot.
  • EddieN | 23 Jan 2015, 01:01 PM Agree 0
    Besides low prices, you need to consider other factors when recommending an area to your clients. Regent Park is the last place I would recommend. The condos there are cheap and they will stay that way. There will not be any substantial appreciation in value. Yes, the area is better than the ghetto it used to be, but it is still unattractive due to the nature of development and condos alternating with subsidised housing. Many point to the "success" of such development along The Esplanade, but I used to live there. My neighbour had been attacked and robbed at knife point. People got shot. The values of condos there are depressed and it will never get better. I have also spoken to people who live in Regent Park and heard "interesting" concerns. Therefore, since I'm more concerned for my client's investment and safety than my commission, I will never recommend Regent Park. Having said that, I should point out that I have sold in Regent Park, and will continue to do so. I just make sure that I let my opinion be known.
  • ryton | 17 Mar 2015, 05:51 AM Agree 0
    You discussed about condos based on Regent Park. But, I would recommend and my last place is 1 Raymond St, Suite 103. Because there is I found this site and understood condo information in Ottawa.
Post a reply