Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Billboard ROI

Notify me of new replies via email
Anita | 23 Sep 2014, 04:26 PM Agree 0
Are most agents finding billboards worth their marketing dollar? I've had a billboard up for the past four months in an area I'm looking to expand into and have had very few calls that originated from that. I'm trying to determine whether this is normal, or if I need to look at improving my design or maybe finding a new location. Any tips for improving market share in a region you know well?
  • Derek J | 27 Sep 2014, 12:10 AM Agree 0
    The problem with a billboard is that it's really hard to tell whether an inquiry has genuinely come from that board - their real use is as a brand awareness tool. I find my best results are, as ever, cold calling
  • Chris | 02 Oct 2014, 12:16 AM Agree 0
    Your message is the key in ANY ad. Are you giving the consumer a reason to call you or are you just showing a picture of yourself with your name and number? Consumers don't really care about us Realtors, they care about what's important to themselves. Therefore your message in an ad must appeal to THEIR needs. Try using a 'call to action' in your ad and you'll see a greater response and an increase in ROI. Cheers!
  • Darcy Aleck | 24 Jul 2016, 05:22 PM Agree 0
    Cold calling and postcards tend to have low response rates. You are always better to brand yourself as the best person for the job, then have clients calling you. That way you aren't trying to sell them, you are just helping them. Much better approach, it just takes more up front knowledge with your advertising.
Post a reply