Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

'Buyers prefer no-agent sales' – are you joking?

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 10 Oct 2014, 10:21 AM Agree 0
Agents are pointing to the value they offer in refuting a surprising claim; namely, buyers are more attracted to private listings than traditional ones.
  • Shelley | 10 Oct 2014, 02:45 PM Agree 0
    If you do the research a good portion of the homed
    that show sold on Property Guys website have been
    relisted with an agent and ended up being sold
    through the mls not Property Guys.
  • rocketman | 10 Oct 2014, 03:29 PM Agree 0
    Do you all realize that all of these questions I see on here are the same questions that I seen 20 years ago. Part timers, look successful with new car, cutting commissions, for sale by owner. Do you think fsbo name was created yesterday. These are all old questions and the only thing that has changed is the technology of how to communicate and market yourself in different ways now. See you in another 20 years with the same questions. Bye.
  • carmen | 13 Oct 2014, 12:11 PM Agree 0
    Of course Nathan Dautovich from property guys would say that buyer's prefer listings from for sale by owners and not realtors, would you expect him to say something different.
  • Gail | 20 Oct 2014, 02:01 PM Agree 0
    An couple I know recently listed and sold on their own. I tried to get them to list with me and I told them they would have to pay a Buyer's agent 2.5%. They didn't listen and turned down their first offer with an agent asking 2.5. Their second offer was much less and they had to pay 2.5%. If they had listed with me, they would have sold more quickly and made more money. In our market, they probably would have had competing offers.
Post a reply