Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Call to crack down on unethical agents

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 01 Mar 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Following a CBC Marketplace investigation about unethical real estate practices, one association is urging the regulator to punish those who violate the agent code of ethics
  • e.harold | 01 Mar 2017, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    It is very disturbing that you wish to punish licensed agents but you let ' com free ' 'property guys ' and the like run free in this industry - Agents spend hours and dollars to be up to date and Yes they should be punished for wrong doing BUT unlicensed advisors collect fees and go untouched for bad advice .
  • Dan Goldsmith | 01 Mar 2017, 02:05 PM Agree 0
    This transparent and fair system is eroding right before our eyes. I am in 100% favor of support of increased fines and /or termination of licensed Realtors who commit this type of fraud.
  • Jason Steele | 01 Mar 2017, 02:56 PM Agree 0
    What does "the real estate council of Alberta" have to do with this? ;) (RECA)

Turn up the heat and make education stronger and tougher, and real courses again. With examinations for the credit hours needed in a cycle.
  • Mayssoun | 01 Mar 2017, 04:33 PM Agree 0
    100% right!!
  • Al Christopherson | 05 Mar 2017, 03:00 PM Agree 0
    Get tougher, make examples of those who cross the line.
  • Ahmet Ahmet | 05 Mar 2017, 03:15 PM Agree 0
    We should all be held to the highest level in regards to our ethic. What we do effects peoples lives drastically! There's no room for unethical behavior.

I do however also believe that the same standards need to be applied to the "discount brokerages".
  • E Berry | 05 Mar 2017, 04:28 PM Agree 0
    Agree 100%
  • Berry | 05 Mar 2017, 04:30 PM Agree 0
    Allincluding discount brokerages and their sales staff should be included
  • MS | 05 Mar 2017, 05:50 PM Agree 0
    A very high percentage of problems stem from doubling ending a sale, ie the same realtor represents both the buyer and seller. It seems to me the easiest solution for this problem is to NOT allow a realtor to do this. Change the rules so it cannot happen. It's a very simple solution and I don't understand why RECA and other governing bodies don't see this solution.
Post a reply