Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Campaign promise could help agents

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 14 Aug 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
A proposal to raise the ceiling on RRSP withdrawals for home purchases could represent a windfall for agents
  • Amanda Booand | 14 Aug 2015, 10:55 PM Agree 1
    An extra 10,000 withdrawal on CPP will not be a game changer in the world of real estate; stronger middle class which is the promise of the Liberal party by lowering taxes is the way to strengthen our economy and stimulate the real estate market! The conservative government wants to raise the age of retirement by two years! In my opinion Stephen Harper cannot be trusted and has been caught many times in just the past two weeks in lies and deceitful statements! For the love of Canada do not vote conservative for they will see us in a police state with our privacy rights, freedoms and liberties diminished for the sake of security! They think they know how you should live your life and will put laws in place to ensure it. If you value your right of choice and freedom of speech do not vote conservative! Vote Liberal for Justin Trudeau for the land of the free; Canada, where your choice and freedoms matter!
  • Maxy | 17 Aug 2015, 10:16 AM Agree 1
    Thanks Amanda. About time we refuse to be ruled by politics of fear and hand out. We have been copying President Bush's politics of fear that drove US into war of attrition against the innocent people of Iraq. See what Iraq is today compared to what it was before invasion. I am not going to tell any Canadian who to vote for. However, if you believe that the recent Child Benefit handout from our government is benevolence think again. The national broadcast icon, CBC, is so pomelled by our government and starved of funding that lawn signs are popping up declaring "WE VOTE FOR CBC". Tear down public services and use the "savings" to fund election time hand outs. If such handouts during election happened in one of the so called third world countries, we will denounce it as "Vote Buying". If it happens in Canada, it is "money in the pocket of families". Who is fulling who? Real money in the pocket of families will be reducing or eliminating interest rate on students' loan, extending the repayment start time, and establishing universal child care. Young parents are struggling with the burden of childcare. Our future lies in the quality of life of our children. No amount of investment in children is too much. While security of nation is important, we will all agree that the most stable nation is not necessarily the most militaristic nation. Let us do away with strong arm politics and politics of fear.
  • Sparky | 17 Aug 2015, 02:50 PM Agree 0
    Glad there's some sense in the two previous posts. If anybody wants a history on the Conservative PM (can't say his name as it makes me sick) Nationalobserver.com. Issues May 18th 2015 and Part 2 of the series.
  • | 18 Aug 2015, 08:00 AM Agree 0
    I had no idea that this was a Political Forum as opposed to Real Estate issues. I agree that under a Liberal Government Real Estate prices will rise as they will open the Flood gates and foreign investors will continue to wreck havoc on prices in certain parts of the country. This choice will make it impossible for what will be left of our middle class to purchase a home. A Liberal Government in this country led by a Theatre Arts teacher will make us the laughing stock of the G7. Unfortunately it's hard to fix stupid.
Post a reply