Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Canada’s aging population: are you prepared?

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 24 Nov 2014, 09:19 AM Agree 0
Canada’s population is aging, but some generations are growing faster than others – and smart agents are finding different ways to target this demographic now.
  • Ken Burrows Sr | 01 Dec 2014, 10:56 AM Agree 0
    I wonder how many seniors that go into a condo are actually happy with their decision in a year or so. I personally know of many who are not happy with that decision. I say if you have your health stay in your big old comfy home. Cut the grass, clean the gutters, paint the trim and do all the other chores that keep you active and fit, including your mental alertness. Buying a condo is false economy. You may save on your heating bill but the initial cost, condo fees and taxes soon eat up any thought of saving money. To me a condo is a precursor to a nursing home. You lose your privacy and you are jammed on top of one another, smelling your neighbour's dinner and hearing their arguments. No thanks. Stay in your home as long as you possibly can and enjoy your quality of life.
    Ken Burrows Sr PhD(abd)
  • Peggy | 16 Dec 2014, 01:16 PM Agree 0
    I agree
Post a reply