Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Changes to impact agents

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 15 Apr 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Real estate board shares recommendations with independent advisory group that could impact agents
  • Agent in Alberta | 15 Apr 2016, 11:56 AM Agree 0
    Mandatory education is a good idea. But, does it work if it is on-line and "too busy" agents get assistants to complete the online course? Of even if they show up to class, once they leave the class room, will they change their methodologies? Education is great for those who are honest, not for those bending ethics.
  • Matt | 17 Apr 2016, 02:10 PM Agree 0
    No matter what, if someone wants to "get around" the system, they will, regardless of the measures taken. Placing a focus on individuals like this could be made a priority. In all provinces, not just BC (I'm in Ontario, and the same things happen).

What caught my attention was, abolishing all deals that a sales rep is on both seller and buyer ends? I know that OREA discourages multiple representation, but it's not a restricted practice. Is BC looking at making it restricted to do so?
  • Maria | 28 Apr 2016, 09:31 PM Agree 0
    You are right Matt. I am in Ontario. I know that the licensed assistant of a team leader ( I personally know) was taking courses on line on his behalf. I was appalled, but I was told that it was part of her job. Most top producers are only concentrating on making sales and leave the work that does not make them money to the assistants. Education is very important, and keeping ourselves up-to-date makes as more professional and trustworthy.
Post a reply