Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

CMHC reveals overvaluation risk

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 30 Apr 2015, 10:23 AM Agree 0
Canada’s national housing authority updated the results from its latest analysis, pointing to two surprising cities as having the greatest risk across the country.
  • anu gupta | 30 Apr 2015, 11:37 AM Agree 0
    Truly speaking, this is the cycle of realestate. Nothing to worry about . we just have to play safe.
  • | 30 Apr 2015, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    The sky is not falling... we need to take a breather after 15 years of up...up..and away...
  • | 30 Apr 2015, 05:22 PM Agree 0
    STOP the multiple offers and that will STOP the OVERVALUATION!
    STOP offers accepted at this day at this time and you will see the deference.
  • | 30 Apr 2015, 09:09 PM Agree 0
    I am a realtor in Florida and what is happening in Canada is part of the problem that caused the real estate crash in the U.S. I am also a Canadian and everytime I visit my mother in Toronto and see the escalating home prices there and in other cities around the country it is only a matter of time before prices crash. When the increase in prices outpace the increase in income by a large margin such as is occurring, the lower and middle class will be completely shut out of the market and there will not be enough buyers for homes any longer. Foreigners , mainly the rich Chinese fleeing China with large sums of money have caused home values to increase dramatically by buying homes with cash at extremely inflated prices. Economics dictates that this will not last. Realtors and home builders will not admit that this will happen but the reality is it will. It is only a matter of time.
Post a reply