Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

CMHC sounds overvaluation alarm

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 27 Apr 2016, 12:27 PM Agree 0
Several major markets are overvalued and many more are being overbuilt, according to the Canada Mortgage and Housing Agency
  • Wafa Masri | 27 Apr 2016, 01:52 PM Agree 0
    I wish there was a way to share this story with our clients without all the advertising. Your reports are always on point
  • Neil Hamilton | 27 Apr 2016, 02:39 PM Agree 0
    Robyn seems to contradict herself on Vancouver, but it doesn't matter anyway, as our high prices/low inventory situation will simply continue on...
  • PEI Linda | 27 Apr 2016, 03:34 PM Agree 0
    Would it be possible to ever include Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island in your reports. We may be small but we are a capitol city.
  • Dolnald | 27 Apr 2016, 06:21 PM Agree 0
    It seems economic fundamentals will not apply until the "Elephant in the room is politically addressed" . CMHC trying to fire a shot across the pulic bow is nothing but an exercise in futility.
  • Mike | 01 May 2016, 02:40 PM Agree 0
    Interesting that CMHC thinks the market overvalued. What would the have to say to the many buyers that stood back from buying 4 months ago when CMHC issued a similar statement ?
    Now those who waited for a correction face paying even more for housing !
    No matter what the market price is there is always someone saying it's overvalued
    The first house I sold in 1986 was $55,000. Everyone thought it was overpriced !!
    Now that same house would sell in this market for $520,000
    It was the best investment the buyer could have made.
    I think it would be better if CMHC mentioned the what are good investments in a given market rather than state the obvious.
    We all know the prices are high.
Post a reply