Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Commission alternative to stave off time-wasters

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 24 Oct 2014, 09:09 AM Agree 0
There is arguably nothing more dear to agents as their commissions, but some industry players argue a fee-for-service payment structure would ward off time-wasting clients – without eating into agent paycheques.
  • Rocketman | 24 Oct 2014, 07:04 PM Agree 0
    I have been a Realtor for 20 + years and I think the mindset of many realtors is so ridiculous. Fee for Service. Like when I go look at a pair of shoes x 7 pairs and walk out and don't buy any do I give the staff a fee for helping me, or even worse buy a pair after trying on 7 pairs and then return it next week do I give the staff money for that. You can look at many industries and have similar scenarios.
    Hey I know how about this: when a realtor shows a customers 2 homes and they buy one then why not give the client half or even 2/3 their commission because they didn't waste the Realtors precious time by having them look at 25 houses. With the price of homes nowadays a Realtor can sell 10 property's a year and should be able to make a decent living.
  • Blake | 18 Mar 2015, 04:56 PM Agree 0
    Rocketman, something tells me your not a realtor and lack the industry knowledge. Theres way to much competition out their, anyone can find a realtor. That being said, go drive around with clients who don't know how to make a decision, better yet "the flakes". You'll realize after they waste hours and days of your time (not buying anything, but just lousy deadbeats) you wished you charged a fee.
    Otherwise, an experienced realtor would know to pre-qualify a serious buyer.

Post a reply