Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Could you sell this? Crooked houses listed for $700K a pop

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 24 Jul 2015, 11:20 AM Agree 0
They may tilt and slope but two semis built over what used to be a creek have been listed for almost $1.4 million in one of Canada's hottest markets.
  • Martha Fernandez-Avello | 24 Jul 2015, 02:18 PM Agree 0
    When I saw the title I just knew it had to be on Shaw St, Toronto. New houses have been built on that side of the street, and sure enough, wait two or three years and you'll see that tilting has started, quite noticeable 2 to 4 inches. I know exactly the spots, I would never buy a property there.
    Martha Fernandez-Avello
    RE/MAX Ultimate Realty Inc. Brokerage
  • | 24 Jul 2015, 04:31 PM Agree 0
    I agree with Martha. I knew it, too, when I read the title. I used to drive people past there, as one of the odd sights of Toronto. Any new construction would require costly caissons to connect to bedrock, otherwise, forget it. Deranged people have been created from living there, in that row of houses....
  • Linda H | 17 Apr 2016, 10:48 PM Agree 0
    Excuse me, but I grew up in that house and we are far from deranged! Of course when we lived there in the 50s and 60s, you could still walk UP to the front door.
  • Marcella Kammerer | 19 Apr 2016, 08:33 AM Agree 0
    Interesting Linda, can you tell us more about living there?
Post a reply