Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Couple convicted of trading in real estate without a licence

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 07 Oct 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Charges brought against husband and wife after complaints in 2013 when they solicited potential home sales
  • Registered | 07 Oct 2015, 12:30 PM Agree 0
    It is about time RECO takes appropriate action to protect the public from unqualified people who look for loop holes to avoid registration and the time & costs to obtain & retain a real estate license! HOWEVER, this is only the "tip of the iceberg" which RECO should be charging.
  • BC Ninja | 07 Oct 2015, 01:58 PM Agree 0
    Thank goodness that all licensed real estate agents are, indeed, qualified.
  • Brad | 07 Oct 2015, 02:02 PM Agree 0
    Lots of unqualified real estate agents with a real estate license. LOL
  • DC | 07 Oct 2015, 04:16 PM Agree 0
    As much as I hate to - have to agree with Brad about unqualified agents. I am referring to the Toronto area. As much as we do courses on line. Believe the finals should written in person with photo ID. Just to confirm the actual person doesn't have a "ghost writer".
  • TO | 07 Oct 2015, 09:10 PM Agree 0
    In Ontario, real estate exams are all written in person with photo ID shown to the exam monitors before exams are written.
  • Wendy Hazen | 07 Oct 2015, 10:15 PM Agree 0
    Maybe its time Reco went after the public who want to sell by owner but are not available to look after the sale the and pay friends and family to do the job for them . I have encountered this several times showing Comfree and the friends are getting paid a couple of grand to do the deal for them . Typically unliscenced people selling someone's property....
  • J.M. Sinclair | 22 Feb 2016, 10:16 AM Agree 0
    Has the fine been collected , will it ever be . where does the fine go , how will it be used if and when collected ?
Post a reply