Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 06 Oct 2014, 07:15 AM Agree 0
Housing set for autumn boom… Realtors avoid the issue of fees… And Vancouver’s west side property tax hikes…
  • | 06 Oct 2014, 08:01 AM Agree 0
    Seems as though TREB and CREA have a media relations issue. They could have stayed on message and addressed the question by stating that real estate fees have been negotiable for years.
  • Paulette | 06 Oct 2014, 07:52 PM Agree 0
    Expenses are way higher for agents now then in the 1980s and the 1990s the commissions were 5% and 6% Now agents have to pay for websites-- and virtual tours-U Tube videos== expensive classes to keep current---newspaper ads, flyers, newsletters ---- all of which were once covered by the company/Broker is days gone by--- now way more advertising in all sort of media including the social media is expected== and necessary== just way more than in the past---- Yes there may be some agents who are making a lot more-- but if an agent decides to work with starter buyers-- their expenses are the same as those who only do high end-- but the starter buyers commissions are substantially less-- and the time to get an offer through with the usually problem of multiple offers makes the situation time intensive and more expensive per actual deal that eventually goes through--- therefore the top 10% of agents might make the amounts alluded to in the articles whereas the typical agent --has so many expenses that once all are paid the amount of take home is substantially less--
    Real Estate is hard work-- deals do not just fall in an agents lap-- Agents must be informed-- help with financing-- make sure what is being purchased is Ok and has no hidden problems-- investigate the locations== and protect the buyers in so many ways== the process is long and complicated and no one seems to write much about that----
  • Catherine | 07 Oct 2014, 10:48 AM Agree 0
    I certainly agree with all your comments and well written, our expenses just keep going up all the time, our Salaries
    keep going down. Although I love the Business this can be very frustrating.
Post a reply