Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 28 Jan 2015, 09:04 AM Agree 0
Commission cuts to attract buyers the new way?... Colliers: 2015 to be a good year from commercial real estate in Ottawa... Prime Rate cut to spur growth, investment?
  • $1000 fee transactions | 28 Jan 2015, 10:02 AM Agree 0
    The writing is on the wall and people are finally waking up to these commissions that are outrageous!! Agents cry the landtransfer tax should be cut when their commissions are the ones we are over paying for. Many very qualified agents will do a transactions,get the job done,experienced,great advice and will charge $1,000-$2,000 total comm. "REALISTIC" that is what they should change their title to..

They have never justified paying those 20,000-50,000 plus commissions. Doesn't take much to figure out that skill ,experience,hand holding, taxi service,tour guide service hasn't changed in 40 years it is prices went up .
  • ShaveOrBeFired | 28 Jan 2015, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    ^^^^^Does your boss know your on here during his time? BLASPHEMY! No Full Wage For You!
  • Boss | 28 Jan 2015, 11:43 AM Agree 0
    He told me too and he upset he overpaid his REALTOR!!! he gave me a raise for pointing out he could have done the deal for $2,0000 total commission.

thx for telling me to point it out to him!!!
  • e. harold | 28 Jan 2015, 12:15 PM Agree 0
    Discount - Feeless - Flat Fee - you pay in the end and guess what end you get it put in !!!!! Right !!!!
    Absolutely NOBODY Works for free !! Would You ? ! There's always a catch Read it with seriousness for the Dollar
    The Consumer should study these comments for sure
  • BIDDING WARS | 28 Jan 2015, 12:48 PM Agree 0
    the old saying you get what you pay for is Dinasour doesn't apply like it use to!!! Agents created bidding wars for buying and selling. They are creating biding wars for commissions and now they feel back. They know their service didn't become surgical it was prices inflating and they got a free ride.

• $500 Listing | 28 Jan 2015, 12:50 PM Agree 0
    $500 flat fee for listings!!!!!!!!!! $500 for selling!!!! START THE BIDDING PROCESS WARS

There are 1,000's of agents let the wars begin!!!!
  • Wayne | 28 Jan 2015, 12:57 PM Agree 0
    Well hell, let's not stop at Realtors. Let's cut everybody's income in half. That way lots of products and services would be less expensive. If that works let's cut in half again. Wow, think of the savings to the consumer. Why even old '$1000.00 Listing' should be happy with that😚😚
  • Commission BIdding | 28 Jan 2015, 01:09 PM Agree 0
  • Sellsell | 28 Jan 2015, 01:10 PM Agree 0
    Commissions are always negotiable. I charge a full commission and my clients pay it because without a doubt I negotiate the highest price possible and I look after their best interest. Although I have no problem with realtors or people who want to charge/ pay less I have seen so many times sellers and buyers getting screwed when they are not properly looked after. I think hiring the best realtor you can is the way to go and then come up with a commission structure that makes sense for both parties.
  • More BIDDING | 28 Jan 2015, 01:19 PM Agree 0
    I agree when you pay full commission no matter what u are getting screwed... good point,thx Hopefully more sellers and buyers see they have been overpaying and start THE BIDDING WARS ON COMMISSIONS!!
  • L.Andy | 30 Jan 2015, 04:06 PM Agree 0
    Let's cut everyone's fees - lawyers to $45 per hr; accountants to $35 per hr; truck drivers to .40 per km; doctors to $25 per visit; dentist to $45 per tooth; French fries to . 20 per potato; bid for your hamburg and hotdog; make an offer on a case of beer; use toilet paper 2 or more times - Shaft - Shaft - Shaft - Now cut your earnings by 35% - what a crock -o -shit man - get real it's 2015
  • Finally | 30 Jan 2015, 06:40 PM Agree 0

About time a agent realizes that he is over paid and sees others are realistic. I can see where doctors/dentist and accountants charge 30,000 to do a root canal or doing tax services for a small business. The comparaisons you make are genius. Doctors don't charge 30,000 to come visit them 6 times,expalin solutions,give advice,pull up comparables, provide direction,compasionate ,show pictures. But if u do that as a Realtor u get paid 20,000-30,000....andy finally sees the BLOATED COMMISSIONS...I have gone to my dentist 10 times for all kinds of issues and it was 2,000 total and he gave me all kinds of advice, solutions,compared my issues from others,pictures of fixed issues, he even paid for a taxi home after my visits....he also offered to give me a tour of the office each time I visited.
Post a reply