Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 02 Feb 2015, 09:04 AM Agree 0
Alberta real estate headed for U.S-style recession... Hamilton investments rated 2nd in Ontario... Companies team up to buy potential oil field...
  • Steve Howes | 02 Feb 2015, 11:32 AM Agree 1
    I find this type of fear mongering article irresponsible. In Calgary we are finding certain segments of the market have slowed, but others are still very active and even with multiple offers in still common in 300-500k segment. Please name sources "there is talk " ? There has been talk for months and years that the numerous regions of our country are 30% over valued. The Calgary market is not in a panic to sell. Maybe REP should source there comments from professionals in this market.
  • Tim Crough | 02 Feb 2015, 12:05 PM Agree 1
    Interesting perspective. What is a U.S. style recession? What is the difference between it and a Canadian style recession? My wife is a residential realtor in Calgary. Two of her listings in January received multiple offers. One sold at list price and the other at over list price. There is excellent traffic at open houses. While we may see a correction in residential price ranges that are in over supply, and we do have a lot of listings on the market for this time of year, I haven't seen it happen yet. The top end of the residential market is active showing confidence in the economy and the City. I am a commercial agent and developers are still buying land and businesses are expanding. Seems to me that each recession is unique and people are affected differently. Some are affected negatively, some don't know it's happening and some prosper. Go figure!
  • Sharon Heading | 02 Feb 2015, 12:56 PM Agree 1
    These type of articles are not at all helpful or well researched. Shame on you!
  • Larry | 02 Feb 2015, 01:20 PM Agree 1
    I am a Toronto Real Estate Sales Representative and I am certainly happy that I read the letters in response to your article to get a true picture of the Calgary market. My daughter lives in Calgary and I would certainly not like to br giving her inaccurate information.
  • Joe Peters, Penticton BC | 02 Feb 2015, 02:41 PM Agree 1
    Just another case of irresponsible journalism. It's unfortunate & proper sources should be cited when making bold, 'shock value' headlines.
  • Ray | 02 Feb 2015, 02:44 PM Agree 1
    Don't you understand that the patently untrue statements that you promulgate, can and will have a negative effect on the Alberta Real Estate marketplace? We have read similar articles for the past 18 years that there will be a Crash and yet the Real Estate market has continued to do quite well, despite your misinformation. Why don't you take a more enlightened approach and provide some positive news based on real facts. I guess you would not sell as much in each channel, if you did that. However, you might feel better about what you do for a living. Ray
  • Tracy Little-Beaulieu | 02 Feb 2015, 07:07 PM Agree 0
    Downright reckless journalism. Shock Value is all you are looking for, this ridiculas blurb with no truth should be t​aken down.
  • Daryl St Martin | 02 Feb 2015, 09:44 PM Agree 0
    Articles like these is exactly why I very rarely read your articles because most of the time the ones I do click on and read are un true and I don't know where you get your info from but you should start looking at the people who actually work in those areas to get a view of what is really going on.
  • | 02 Feb 2015, 11:43 PM Agree 0
    I agree! These articles are written by people in Ontario who are not at all familiar with the real estate market out west! Very unprofessional to just generalize without having hard facts! Get with the program...
Post a reply