Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 13 Mar 2015, 09:13 AM Agree 0
Home prices slide in 8 of 11 major markets in February... Never mind oil. If housing goes bust, we’re screwed: Maclean's... Prince George real estate a solid buy: Investor...
  • Arthur | 13 Mar 2015, 10:15 AM Agree 1
    I read your articles daily. Today was the last time. I am tired of your scouring the country for anyone who has a new negative spin on things related to the economy, oil and housing. The public needs confidence. It's out there. Report THAT. I doubt any of you are full time Realtors who feed their families through this honoured profession. If you were, you would have a different spin. It's always up to the front line folk - those who actually touch the Customer - to promote the positive, because if we did what you do, we would be in the soup line.Arthur
  • Tom | 13 Mar 2015, 10:33 AM Agree 1
    I totally second that. The doom and ney sayers are the ones living in a bubble. Hope that bubble will burst for them soon so they can see the reality. After almost 7 years of downward Real Estate correction (Vancouver and Toronto exempted), we are now on solid ground.
    I too am considering unsubscribing REP unless they start reporting objectively and stop scouring the world for negative statements about Canadian Real Estate.
  • R. Lee | 13 Mar 2015, 10:46 AM Agree 1
    Count me in too, doom sayers are free to live in their own wold of perpetual doom, on the other hand, people who are "actively" buying and selling due to choice or circumstance shouldn't need to be subjected to second guessing themselves because of some silly self-opionized negative sentiment, what they forgot is that the world still spins on even if its about to end. It's almost like some human beings are tuned to just hype about negative things. If we sincerely have enough time to talk about the apocalypse and the bubble how about we report some positive news so we can look forward into the future instead of causing mayhem and fear? We are seriously prophets of our own destiny, how we think will shape the future.
  • Mortgage Broker Ron | 13 Mar 2015, 10:47 AM Agree 1
    Couldn't agree more guys.
    Sick of this negative 'hype.
  • | 13 Mar 2015, 10:57 AM Agree 1
    There is heading is always so scary and scared the shit out of me but when you start reading then story is no match to the heading. Super i....t
  • Zeke | 13 Mar 2015, 11:05 AM Agree 0
    What is wrong with reporting the truth? Is it REP's job to post only positive stories about real estate? While it appears you believe they only report on the negative aspects, I think their views/articles exhibit both sides and are balanced. Could it be you expect them to cheerlead for Realtors?
  • TJ | 13 Mar 2015, 11:17 AM Agree 0
    Stop reading these articles and get to work!
  • Tracy Little | 13 Mar 2015, 01:11 PM Agree 0
    Balanced? Really LOL, Non stop negativity designed for a drama not proper reporting of the market, your all about the headlines and scaring the crap out of the Canadian home buyers & sellers to the point that they are so mis-informed they just know its bad but don't even know why they feel this way, or if the information is true for their own market! "Hype" is exactly what you are creating, I am to the point where I cringe every time I see an update from REP!
  • Pete | 13 Mar 2015, 01:15 PM Agree 1
    Agree with the comments, I have been hearing about this bubble burst for the last 10 years, Ottawa has been on solid ground, if they keep saying that year after year it may happen one day, but that`s not a prediction. It`s been a guessing game by negative people!
  • Don | 13 Mar 2015, 02:40 PM Agree 0
    you Bet, FInd some good news to report out there rather than scouring the nation for negativity.
    Customer confidence drives a market. Why feed the negative except for headlines?
  • Rick | 13 Mar 2015, 05:30 PM Agree 0
    For crying out loud, could you please report something positive for a change. I am so sick and tired of reading negative publicity. You can spin a story however you want. The reality is, here in Kelowna, and I will venture to say in most of BC, the market is quit healthy. Its stable and close to being balanced. Interest rates are excellent. Buyers are buying and sellers are selling. Builders are are building at a healthy pace. Developers are developing at a healthy pace.
    Now go ahead and report on that, but don t forget to spin it with a smile!
Post a reply