Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 01 Apr 2015, 09:09 AM Agree 0
GDP falls; real estate industry partly to blame... Oil slump makes Canadian REITs a bargain... Oil towns struggling as sales continue to drop...
  • Disappointed | 01 Apr 2015, 10:58 AM Agree 0
    GDP falls? Why is it that the REP writers always take pot shots at Realtors? The article comes across as if the whole thing is the lack of effort by those lazy Realtors. What a twisted message! I think it is the REP writers who are to blame. Perhaps they should learn to write better articles. :(
  • Steve | 01 Apr 2015, 12:35 PM Agree 0
    It mentioned;
    “The output of real estate agents and brokers decreased 5.7 per cent in January, a fifth consecutive monthly decline. The decline was mainly the result of weakness in the home resale market in Alberta and Saskatchewan.”

It appears that their method of gathering data was through “The output of real estate agents and brokers". That means they were just watching or using one point of reference.

It was partly Residential.
    "The decline was mainly the result of weakness in the.. [home resale market].. in Alberta and Saskatchewan.”
    “Construction fell 0.4 per cent in January. Both residential and non-residential building construction were down...
    It appears that Construction plays a factor as well.
  • suz | 01 Apr 2015, 01:02 PM Agree 0
    Its too bad Steve had to explain something that is easy to understand. I'm a Realtor and I did not find the article was reflecting badly on us. Those are stats pulled out of our system. When the buyer is not buying or their jobs might be on the chopping block. They are not looking to buy a home. I really enjoy reading REP and find their reporting honest and bang on.
  • | 02 Apr 2015, 11:44 AM Agree 0
    Sure - Realtors....the same ones who REP likes to paint as overpaid and underworked are now to blame for the declining GDP. Could it be that that good agents are just getting out as the profession is heading in the wrong direction?
Post a reply