Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 09 Apr 2015, 08:18 AM Agree 0
Fraudster to be released, plans to sell real estate... Land assembly sales sparking Vancouver real estate market... Ottawa home sales on the rise...
  • Sano Stante | 09 Apr 2015, 08:58 AM Agree 1
    The headline states “Hampstead fraudster gets statutory release, wants to sell real estate”
    Yet in article it states that “the author of the (court) summary wrote: “You have no savings …. Once you (have) regained your stability, you (might) try to enter the real estate market.”
    How does this contain any logic and how does one derive a headline that this individual want to enter real estate from the story?
    There is certainly more useful information in the story that may serve the public than this interpretation. Reading it, the court summary may have implied that perhaps he should invest in Real Estate, or become a property manager or perhaps a builder or even a mortgage broker. Instead the author chose to spin the story that a "fraudster might plan to sell real estate"
    I'm becoming aware that this publication makes a habit of discrediting real estate agents. I find this curious, especially when they tout that they are a source of intel for agents.
    I just don't know why you would re-publish such an article. Please establish some standards and use sound and proper reporting.
  • | 09 Apr 2015, 09:42 AM Agree 0
    damn straight
  • e.harold | 09 Apr 2015, 09:46 AM Agree 0
    wow! what is different - Realtors are pinned as frauds all the time - RECO is extremely lax on investigations of current licensees where fraud is rampant with nonsensical offer clauses intended to dupe consumers under the face of ' professional '
    A License To Steal - Yes Yes
  • Joe Williams | 09 Apr 2015, 10:23 AM Agree 0
    E.Harold - can I ask why you think "fraud is rampant with nonsensical offer clauses intended to dupe consumers"?
    I have been in the business for about 5 years, but my partner and father has been in the business for about 40. We are both sitting here, and we can't recall when we ever encounter what you describe. Fraudsters exist - but it certainly isn't rampant.
    Whats your particular experience with this type of activity?
  • P. Barbati | 09 Apr 2015, 10:31 AM Agree 0
    E. Harold. Rubbish. A fraudster is a fraudster regardless of whether they are Realtors or politicians or lawyers or mechanics. As for nonsensical offer clauses, perjaps you just ca't understand most of what you are reading.
  • P.B. | 09 Apr 2015, 11:01 AM Agree 0
    Incidentally, why would the judge suggest that a former fraudster become a Realtor. Perhaps he should’ve suggested a career path more in-line with the fraudster mentality, you know; working for the competition board?
  • Nick Slezinski | 09 Apr 2015, 02:16 PM Agree 0
    A real nutcase item absolutely implies that fraud and real estate sales have much common ground ! Stupid is as stupid does - no excuse for the man or the item ! You are being rather kind and diplomatic Santo - I prefer not to mince my words and opinion on this type of crap or junk reporting which SLIGHTS hardworking and ethical licensed agents ! Now in my 39th year as licensed realtor in Calgary, sound ethics are always imperative - "do unto others as you would have them do unto you !" Thank you ! Nick Slezinski ReMax First, Calgary, AB.
  • sabina | 10 Apr 2015, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    A prospective tenant called me regarding a Penthouse condo I had for rent; I inquired what his situation was.... his house is for sale $2million; his agent told him to move out while its on the market. I found this very strange, a) to move out of your house to live in a small apartment
    b) why was he not using his listing agent to look for apartments.... I did some research, the deed of sale there was no mention of his name nor in the marital status. He was now renting but didn't like the place. When I googled his company name it doesn't state what the company actually does? I did however send him a link to a few rental listings but didn't hear from him again...except for a friend request for Facebook which I declined.....after 2 months he called back, told me he is renting but doesn't like the building wants to visit the empty penthouse I have for rent....and to ask the owner if he would also consider selling the unit. He wanted to visit at 8am the next morning, I advise that is not a convenient time. We set up an appointment for 1h00. I arranged for a male agent in my office to to join me for the visit. At 12h10 he called my cel phone advising he is downstairs, even though I was already at the condo I reminded him our appointment was not until 1pm & he would have t wait...
    The male agent from my office was only meeting me @12h45, I called the prospective tenant to let him know I am here and when he saw the male agent his face dropped.... all 3 of us went up can see he was agitated; raced thru the 1750sf a matter of fact we couldn't keep up with him. He mentioned really loves it & would like to make an offer with an option to purchase....he would call me back within a few days ......It's been nearly 2 mths....never heard from him again... BTW his name is Neil - Pointe Claire QC
  • Loraine Ien | 13 Apr 2015, 08:35 AM Agree 0
    I agree that the title of this article is grossly misleading and a further source of agitation to those of us seeking responsible journalism. Aligning fraud with real estate blatantly undermines the ethics of a profession that I am proud to be a part of. Frankly, I am fed up with your subliminal affronts to our industry in general. I've noticed that any useful information provided in your publication is tactically peppered with messages of agent's avarice and undeserved compensation. Sick of it.
Post a reply