Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Daily Market Update

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 22 May 2015, 07:51 AM Agree 0
No need for immediate housing policy shift says Oliver… Restrictions on ‘Orientals’ will stay in BC… Canmore listings increase for the first time in 3 years… Yellowknife renters should be optimistic of homeownership…
  • VR | 22 May 2015, 10:05 AM Agree 0
    I almost threw up when I read that! What age are we living in? They absolutely have to remove that wording at any cost! Frankly I couldn't believe the wording in the headline. Is there an editor there who knows what century we're living in? Racist? Of course it's racist, Whitey!
  • Greg Wong | 22 May 2015, 11:36 AM Agree 0
    Yes, its racist but it doesn't only exclude the Chinese. In North Vancouver it also excludes Japanese, Negro and any other Indian or Asiatic Race. They couldn't buy or live on the property unless they were servants of the owner. In some cases this restrictive covenant was not added to the property until the early 1950s and it was not declared null and void until as late as 1975. Many of the houses that I sell have this covenant on title and I've always found it to be an interesting conversational topic and a gentle reminder of times from not too long ago.
  • Mr Walker | 23 May 2015, 07:10 AM Agree 0
    No excuse for the delays in having this outdated law removed, no excuse for V.R. to comment "Whitey" we will never overcome racist people when the two way street has a road block on either side, Mr Wong was understanding of the original reasons the law was imposed as he has stated "times not too long ago" please apply your time to help change this outdated law V.R. and you will get the same respect that Mr Wong has earned from me.
Post a reply