Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Do wind turbines impact property values?

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 19 Dec 2014, 09:35 AM Agree 0
Wind turbines offer a clean alternative to traditional energy sources, but are they doing more harm than good when it comes to property values?
  • Mickey | 19 Dec 2014, 02:00 PM Agree 0
    Which wind company is paying you to write this article for them?
  • Rob Best | 19 Dec 2014, 02:22 PM Agree 0
    I believe that the real(negative) impact on Real Estate values will be felt across the wider market when the effect of skyrocketing electricity costs drive the last of our manufacturing companies off shore. Without the valuable wages of the manufacturing sector all Real Estate will suffer... Wind and solar = jobs losses and bulging provincial debt!
  • Dick Brady | 20 Dec 2014, 10:15 AM Agree 0
    What a completely useless report that was. Of course wind turbines don't affect the property value of the properties on which they are located. They make $$$ for the owners of those properties so of course they can be flipped easily, likely for more than the actual value of the acreage. However, as a Real Estate Agent working in a rural area, I can tell you that people don't want to buy anywhere near these Turbines and therefore, the surrounding property values have to decline. Of course this is because not only the "blight" on the landscape that they cause, but also the possible "health risks" that these monstrous eyesores create and for what? As one Toronto Talk show host said "They don't produce a mouse farts worth of energy".
  • Realtor Steve | 20 Dec 2014, 10:18 AM Agree 0
    I recently showed properties to my client in the wind turbine region and her comment to me was anywhere is ok except within eyesight of a wind turbine! Who asked me and my fellow realtors when conducting this supposed research?? Flawed, Flawed, Flawed!!!!
  • Ken Koss | 20 Dec 2014, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    The Sun News network did an excellent expose on wind turbines this past year entitled "Downwind". Available on youtube. Gives you insight from a non government bias. Well worth watching.
  • Al D | 28 Dec 2014, 10:53 AM Agree 0
    Wind Turbine do have a negative affect to property values. Who would want to live near bird slicers that also affect your sleep with the humming of the turbines?
Post a reply