Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Don’t forget to tip?

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 11 Dec 2014, 08:07 AM Agree 0
Should you get a bonus on top of your commission? One industry player says you should.
  • Theresa MacLean | 12 Dec 2014, 03:32 PM Agree 0
    With respect, Mr. Eisner, if you can sell a property within 3 days, and get paid the same amount as you would have had property sold in 45 -60 days, isn't that a big enough "tip"? Isn't your tip the fact that for the remaining 42 - 57 days you are free to work on the next listing?
    I have to say, suggesting that real estate agents be tipped is quite hilarious.
  • | 12 Dec 2014, 06:37 PM Agree 0
    If you're whining about the commission split and giving half of it away, then in fact you did not sell the property, the other realtor did. Why and earth should you have a bonus for that and just a mere listing?
  • | 12 Dec 2014, 06:37 PM Agree 0
    If you're whining about the commission split and giving half of it away, then in fact you did not sell the property, the other realtor did. Why and earth should you have a bonus for that and just a mere listing?
  • Roma_Odin | 15 Dec 2014, 03:46 PM Agree 0
    Usually, real estate is one's most valuable asset in life (financially). Hire a cheap agent, and put your eggs into a fragile basket.
    Hire a professional, and get it carried safely into your next nest. It costs a lot to pay too little - life's universal truth.
  • Michael Eisner | 15 Dec 2014, 04:03 PM Agree 0
    I think some of you missed the point. This was just to illustrate a point for all sellers (and buyers), that thinks agents make too much money. Most agents don't take the time or make an effort to explain how commission money is distributed. As to the "Tip", it was written in a ‘tongue in cheek’ manner and intended to point out to sellers and buyers, that they should be happy to have their place sold or their dream home found in a shorter time rather than a prolonged and stressful period of time.
Post a reply