Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Electronic signatures gaining acceptance

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 30 Sep 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
With electronic signatures now legally binding in Ontario, they may become the norm, replacing fax machines
  • Marjorie McKay | 30 Sep 2015, 01:00 PM Agree 0
    Add Alberta to that list. We have been using electronic signatures for over a year. The public prefers to do business this way, especially on a counter where they would have to let a realtor into their home late at night. If they can just do a quick click on their cell phone, it makes life so much easier.

Marjorie McKay Broker/Owner
    RE/MAX Advocates Chestermere, Alberta
  • Roger Arsenault | 30 Sep 2015, 01:07 PM Agree 0
    It is not only REALTORS® that benefit from the use of electronic signatures. I have heard form countless clients that expect this as a service. The REALTORS® in my office have mostly all done transactions this way and I have never had an issue from the use.

i highly recommend it.

Roger Arsenault
    MaxWell Canyon Creek
    Calgary, Alberta
  • Pick-Up | 30 Sep 2015, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    I have my signature in a .jpg format and wondering if it is legal to just "Insert""From file""picture" ?
    In the WEB FORMS of TREB apparently is not legal ?????
    Anu thoughts ?
    Broker of record
  • | 04 Oct 2015, 02:47 PM Agree 0
    My clients love it and I've been using E-signing for nearly 2 years. Best to be on the phone with them when they are signing for the first time so you can coach them when they miss a step. That way they skip the "frustration" step in learning a new process. Clients are so appreciative of saving their time and having a document signed in less than 5 minutes. A bonus for your productivity too!
    Jan Macpherson RE/MAX Salt Spring, BC. 250-537-9894
Post a reply