Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Family tragedy to change real estate industry?

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 12 Oct 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
While most real estate professionals are spending this weekend with their families, one seat will be noticeably empty – and it may finally be the push the industry needs to adopt safety standards
  • Sarah | 13 Oct 2015, 11:52 AM Agree 0
    I agree that we need to start taking safety seriously. I have been in this industry for almost 10 years (since I was 22) and have had two unsettling incidents. I now take steps to ensure my personal safety like informing a colleague and my spouse who I'm meeting and where. I also do my best to verify the address (if any) they have given me. Further, I ask to verify their identity by photo ID prior to entering the home and call my colleague and spouse to inform them that the info was verified and when they should expect the next phone call from me. I inform the prospect (male or female) of this process as we book the appointment stressing my safety and that of the seller. I do believe that we should take a hard look at the necessity of open houses; as the online presence of listings could allow them to be a thing of the past.
Post a reply