Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

February home sales affected by slowing markets

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 13 Mar 2015, 10:13 AM Agree 0
The Greater Vancouver area and Toronto led the nation to a February increase in home sales, according to new stats from the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).
  • Alister | 13 Mar 2015, 10:46 AM Agree 1
    In my area - the worst recorded winter weather for the month of February, may have had more to do with lower Volume of Sales stats than the "slowing economy" as the headline suggests as the reason!
  • | 13 Mar 2015, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    You don't think the coldest February in 115 years had any affect on the February market in some places?
  • Hodges Hamm | 13 Mar 2015, 02:07 PM Agree 0
    I wish your publication as well as others that publish information about the real estate market would include information about the 4 provinces in Atlantic Canada. It would be nice to know how our market compares to the national market. However it seems that Canada stops at the Quebec, New Brunswick Border with respect to statistics. I think the rest of Canada should be made aware that the best market to invest in now for housing is that which is located in Atlantic Canada, for not only the affordability of housing, but for the quality of life one can enjoy here in what I think is the best part of Canada.
  • Gabe Valente | 13 Mar 2015, 09:23 PM Agree 0
    Sales were up 32% in Windsor Essex county in February with prices up 3.5%, but that must just be because our area one the greatest values in all of Canada and people are starting to take notice.

Gabe Valente
    Remo Valente Real Estate (1990) Limited
  • Karen Amos | 27 Mar 2015, 12:18 PM Agree 0
    These figures do not compute for the average city or town across Canada. It would be interesting if you could get a breakdown for smaller cities across the provinces. The markets in the big cities are not even close to what happens across Canada as a whole in the smaller cities.
Post a reply