Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Fiery Toronto real estate heats up surrounding markets

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 24 Jan 2017, 09:44 AM Agree 0
Increasing home prices in the GTA are having a spillover effect in surrounding cities, according to a recent report
  • Charlotte Zawada | 24 Jan 2017, 10:28 AM Agree 0
    Your article seems to have left out Waterloo Region, which experienced record sales growth and unit sales due to GTA buyer's wanting more affordable real estate. Let's get that two way all day GO service going so we can keep them off the 401.
  • Dealmaker | 24 Jan 2017, 10:34 AM Agree 0
    I think that young couples & singles buying homes an hour or more from the City and commute to work each day have to look at what this does to your stress level not to mention the cost of replacing a car every 4 years.

When mortgage rates go up and they will and when gas prices go up and they will that move & that commute may not look so rosy in the future.

Couples with good net income might be better off renting in the City, ditching the car and using ZIP when they need a car, and investing their money. From what I saw in 2016 the stock market earned 20% return. This may not continue with a rocky 2017 ahead but for piece of mind it is worth " ditching the long commutes" just to have a piece of backyard 1.5 hours from Toronto.
  • | 24 Jan 2017, 10:46 AM Agree 0
    yes Charlette we are seeing crazy thing happen here in the Wtloo Region. Sad to see however buyer buyers semis at 500k that are listed just about right at 325k. The is the GTA insanity messing up a good solid market here in the Region and greedy realtors not coaching on better value for the same money in Iddlewood for single detached.
  • Denis | 24 Jan 2017, 10:49 AM Agree 0
    yes Charlette we are seeing crazy things happen here in the Wtloo Region. Sad to see however buyers buying semis at 500k that are listed just about right at 325k. This is the GTA insanity messing up a good solid market here in the Region and greedy realtors not coaching on better value for the same money in Iddlewood/Lackener for single detached.
  • | 24 Jan 2017, 05:31 PM Agree 0
    Additionally, in many cases, lenders cannot keep abreast of the large and rapid increases in this crazy hot real estate market and don't appraise a purchase at its current worth and purchasers are often left scrambling for help in financing the difference on or a day before Closing! With Global economic uncertainty, I have witnessed international investors with great sums to spare buying up the downtown Toronto core.
Post a reply