Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Foreign investor stats revealed

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 03 Dec 2015, 02:22 PM Agree 0
Just how much are foreign buyers influencing the condo markets in major cities?
  • Derek Austin | 03 Dec 2015, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    WOW , CMHC is so on top of things, we ( I live in a small town in Alberta) all new this a year ago when they said Foreign investment wasn't causing a concern. With there big stash of cash and all there staff I wish they could do tell me something I don't know.How about some new approaches to Financing enviromental improvement in homes etc. Helping people finance development of secondary units in their homes to house family members etc.
  • | 03 Dec 2015, 04:44 PM Agree 0
    Interesting the article doesn't talk about the value of the properties purchased compared to total value of properties purchased: Only the percentage ownership. I imagine those stats would show a far higher percentage for FI's.
    That would make this article misleading at best.
  • Jit Hoong Lim | 04 Dec 2015, 08:42 AM Agree 0
    I am quite surprised by the numbers. I was thinking it was in the range of 20-30%. But that's my guesstimate. :P
  • Doron Grill | 06 Dec 2015, 04:48 PM Agree 0
    Let's not forget that in Vancouver in particular, a lot of the buyers are perhaps residents of Canada, but they do not live in Canada. These people should be lumped in with foreign buyers as far as I'm concerned. That would bring the number up to probably 40%
  • | 16 Dec 2015, 01:20 PM Agree 0
    So they are saying about 3.5% FI's.. that means for every 100 sales less than 4 are FI's so now unless the median price is in high 90's the market is not affected by FI's in any big way.
Post a reply