Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Former PC leader joins real estate industry

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 09 Aug 2016, 03:42 PM Agree 0
Politicians of all stripes praised Tim Hudak on Tuesday after the former Progressive Conservative leader announced he's quitting the legislature to become CEO of the Ontario Real Estate Association
  • | 09 Aug 2016, 05:20 PM Agree 0
    OMG - time to retire...
  • Peter B.Realtor | 09 Aug 2016, 09:51 PM Agree 0
    Enough of the syrupy praise. No one gives a ** about what Wynne and Horvath think. If Hudak is all in favor of the "sharing economy", how will this reflect his views about protecting agents rights to use the information we have paid for with our dues? Will he stand up for Ontario agents as a whole? And why would OREA choose a CEO without any realty experience?
    I'm sure he will at least get a decent pension out of this or at least a great severance package when he finds a more interesting career.
    I voted for this guy but that was that.
  • Denis P. | 10 Aug 2016, 09:22 AM Agree 0
    Well this I think is scary. His views on killing jobs was the worst, not that Wynne is better with her unleashed spending. I agree, what ass kissing was done to give a top RE job to a guy who has no experience in the trade. Why not a job as the CEO of the Toronto Stock Exchange, about the same.
  • Oscar Vidal-Calvet | 10 Aug 2016, 10:22 AM Agree 0
    it would be very interesting to see what kind of changes Mr. Hudak would bring to our organization. Once he was a leader of a political party he did not change anything and lost elections for lacking a forward view. Today, in his new position, is he going to create a bigger bureaucracy in our OREA? . . .
  • Malik | 10 Aug 2016, 12:58 PM Agree 0
    Why this kind of a politician for OREA job? Was he selected on merit? Wasn't any Realtors available who deserve this job? Unfortunate that we pay and linked ones enjoy. Worst than 3rd world.
  • PJ | 11 Aug 2016, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    Realtors pay a lot of money to support OREA,and CREA , therefore why should the people ( Realtors) who pay these people through the fees we pay through our boards, not be allowed to vote on who becomes in charge of the organizations they pay for, rather than an appointment of a government official. We been sold out on so many issues this is Just another way for realtors to pay for a government representative to do what the government wants, not what is good for the realtors of Ontario and Canada. Unfortunately Realtors don't have a union maybe we should start thinking about one, since we have so many government officials running our organizations, maybe we can join the public service unions.
  • peegee | 12 Aug 2016, 11:25 AM Agree 0
    There are probably dozens of well qualified REALTORS who are perhaps stronger in an administrative function than a "selling"function. Many of our fellow REALTORS have university degrees including B.Com degrees, who would be excellent in the role of CEO.and who would NOT have to learn what the real estate business is all about! This is tantamount to being an insult to all REALTORS!
    Tim Hudak certainly has many capabilities which would be better addressed in another position. While many of us agree that the public service should be decimated even I who have NO political experience , know the need for diplomacy. He could just as easily have said (if indeed it needed to be said at all!) that " we must reduce government spending in many areas". Sorry I don't think he is the best person for the job.
    Further don't many of us know that OAREA is now a lame duck , most of its duties have been usurped by the giant RECO!
    OAREA will be kept going but mostly as a "show item"
  • carlyn | 23 Aug 2016, 11:38 AM Agree 0
    Totally disgusted. Why would we possibly give one of our top jobs to someone with no real estate experience. Maybe it is time to stop paying all the fees and become the Uber of real estate
  • B.C. | 23 Aug 2016, 12:42 PM Agree 0
    Picking a politician as the new head of OREA is a controversial move where some backlash has to be expected. I hope that OREA provides transparent insight into the selection process. If Mr. Hudak was the clear choice and is deserving of the position then providing this insight should decrease the negative comments.

I personally believe we need the right leader in place at the right to to meet the objectives of the organization. With that in mind a Realtor would not likely be the best person to fill the position. I hope the selection committee had similar thinking and that Mr. Hudak turns out to be the right choice. Hopefully the contravercy in hiring a politician doesn't hinder his ability to do the job.
  • AB | 21 Sep 2016, 08:53 PM Agree 0
    Don't we have enough BS already going on with the real estate industry that we have one more politician join the game to fill his pocket. All these people are making a joke of the whole industry.

On one hand you make hard working, average people go through exams and fail them on purpose a few times so that Orea can make money of poor students who shell out hard earned money and on the other hand you you make an unsuccessful politician the head of OREA who has absolutely no experience what so ever about real estate. Right here OREA is contradicting their own policy.

It is high time we as general public come on a common platform and fight this white collar crime or even better white collar mafia and improve the system and get rid of all useless opportunist people who just know who to take advantage of the situation. It is like you scratch my back and I scratch your back and make money together making a fool out of the public.

More over it clearly seems that Mr. hudak was not successful in politics so he took this job! It is really sad we are not raising our voices enough to stop this crap going around and say enough is enough and remove all the unexperienced and useless people form such posts and get some real deserving people with some real experience in place.

Also if you expect that future agents pass certain exams to get a lisence to be able to trade in real estate market then definitely the Top guy at OREA should also have to under go the same exam to ensure he has enough knowledge about the rules, regulations and laws of the real estate industry to be rightly eligible for the top job and if he fails he has no right to sit in the tio position and earn big salary and pension later on.........all this at whose cost?

STOP STOP STOP STOP this nonsense please.
Post a reply