Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Go in the office?

Notify me of new replies via email
Penny L. | 14 Jan 2015, 10:03 AM Agree 0
How often do you go in the office? I know this is the poll question this week, but I barely ever go in the office. It just seems like such a waste of time - why go in the office just to turn around and go to a showing? And its inconvenient for my clients too.
  • Catherine Fox | 14 Jan 2015, 11:07 AM Agree 0
    I think it depends on the agent, as a long term Broker Manager I know that many agents need the stuctured envioronment to function best especially if they have a young family at home which leads to endless distractions from their work.
    it has also been quite noticable that many agents that go to a work from home program suffer a severe drop in focus and income. I call it "Getting lost in the laundry!"
    I can also say as a Broker Manager I have a list of people asking for private offices when they become available.
    with many hiring Administrative assistants to help grow their business they want office space for the assistant to go to.
  • Catherine Fox | 14 Jan 2015, 11:07 AM Agree 0
    I think it depends on the agent, as a long term Broker Manager I know that many agents need the stuctured envioronment to function best especially if they have a young family at home which leads to endless distractions from their work.
    it has also been quite noticable that many agents that go to a work from home program suffer a severe drop in focus and income. I call it "Getting lost in the laundry!"
    I can also say as a Broker Manager I have a list of people asking for private offices when they become available.
    with many hiring Administrative assistants to help grow their business they want office space for the assistant to go to.
  • George | 14 Jan 2015, 11:16 AM Agree 0
    I go to the office once a month to pick up mail or cheques. All contact with the office is electronic including deals. Since I do commercial business throughout the GTA it is inconvenient to get clients to come to the office and more often than not they suggest a meet at a Tim Horton's. In fact there are a lot of business people meeting at Tim's. I have worked out of my home since the early 80's and have the equipment and software to run my business, produce feature sheets, advertising, etc. I also have my trusty BlackBerry so I'm never far from clients. If a client or prospect calls in I am in touch with them within 2 hours by text, e-mail, or a quick call. Success in this business is service and I can do that better out of the office.
  • Jackie Laurin | 14 Jan 2015, 11:58 AM Agree 0
    Going to my office, well my office is my work castle, my home is my rest castle.
    After 41 years, people think if you are at the office you are working a home office too many distractions

There you have it.. my 41 years professional opinion my clients are not invited to my home unless they
    have become close friends. Serious about doing business? it's done at your office so they see thiis is a working setting
    Works for me 41 years then and now.
    Jackie Laurin, Broker
Post a reply