Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Government focusing on wrong areas

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 14 Dec 2015, 08:15 AM Agree 0
The Finance Minister should be worrying about other issues than cooling housing markets, according to industry professionals
  • Roy Singh | 14 Dec 2015, 10:39 AM Agree 0
    I agree totally, the real issue is that they are trying to control borrowing on mortgage debt but do noting on the credit card rules. They are in the pockets of the Banks and someone needs to speak out about this. Furthermore, the way the banks have changed the interest rate differential calculation is bogus, unfair, and quite frankly price fixing.
  • RFXER | 14 Dec 2015, 12:59 PM Agree 0
    the new mortgage rule is deterring the middle class (lower sector of ) those who dream to buy their first home with just 5% and occupy it. It will have no effect on investors and the rich at all.
  • P.F. | 14 Dec 2015, 03:06 PM Agree 0
    I totally agree with all of the above especially Roy Singh's comments. In my opinion the Liberal party is "Liberal " yes! but with our money. They will spend, spend, spend to get themselves elected and re-elected and than tell us how good we have it! What with up to 54% of our hard earned dollars before HST is paid! Another 13% when we shop! is going straight into their pockets. Why shouldn't we feel eager to get up at 6:00am every morning to go work for the government? Oh sorry I must be dreaming I don't work for the government! But it sure feel's like it, outside of not having fat benefits, sick days, or a pension at age 55? Boy! it sure would be nice to work for the government! Ok I admit it! perhaps I am! aren't I?

Sorry, as a Realtor I forgot to add 7 days a week after the 6:00am.
Post a reply