Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Housing measures likely coming

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 31 Mar 2017, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Something needs to be done to rein in Toronto’s boiling market, according to one of the politicians who can actually do something about it
  • Frances Maher | 31 Mar 2017, 02:48 PM Agree 0
    Amen! I've been saying this for years, especially with respect to the condominium market in Toronto (and despite self-serving protests to the contrary from some in the real estate industry). Unfortunately, it is likely a case of too little, too late, for a lot of deserving would-be homeowners.
  • Carl Tennen | 03 Apr 2017, 01:57 PM Agree 0
    Counting down the minutes the foreign tax is implemented. My kids are crammed into one bedroom. It is unfair we are outbid by Chinese EVERY time. They don't even see the house, to them it is an investment what should have been my house to make a home. Time for our Policy makers to make Canadians working and making Canadian dollars be able to afford. Even the top 1% earners can't afford an 'average house'.
  • Zee | 11 Apr 2017, 03:59 PM Agree 0
    How about a "Foreign Buyer Tax" for GTA only, so that way, if these investors would like to bank their money in the Canadian real estate, they can still do it, as they help stimulate other parts of Ontario and the province will have more revenue for Kathleen W to waste :(
Post a reply