Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Housing Shortage

Notify me of new replies via email
Terry C21 | 12 Aug 2016, 02:37 PM Agree 0
Dear Jason:
As a REALTOR who works in urban rural environment I constantly read and see news articles about the cost of housing and the shortage of affordable housing. I live in Ituna, Sask. (pop 800) like many small towns in Saskatchewan a number of years ago (20-30) the government of the day built housing units in many Saskatchewan towns and villages and now these units are empty. Ituna presently has 10 empty units all ready to move into they are one and two bedroom units. Neighboring communities of Kelliher (4 units) and Lestock (8 units) are in the same situation maintaining these units and no tenants. I see this as a win win situation both for people looking for affordable housing and community businesses who would benefit from new residences. Just a thought maybe some one could make a list of all these units, where they are and offer affordable housing to people who would like to experience life in urban rural Sask.
Best Regards
Terry Korchinski REALTOR
Century 21 Broadway Park Realty
180 Broadway Street West
Yorkton, Sask. S3N 0M6
306.782.2253 or cell 306.795.7799
Post a reply