Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

How much is too much?

Notify me of new replies via email
SuzieStanford | 11 Nov 2014, 03:57 PM Agree 0
As a realtor, how often should I keep in touch with clients post-sale? I’ve heard phone calls, calendars, birthday calls, newsletters and other tools. What’s the best way to keep in contact?
  • Mike Arthur | 17 Nov 2014, 07:56 PM Agree 0
    Marketing companies recommend every 21 days to touch your client. I have heard many experts in our industry suggest every 2 weeks. Some will suggest that it differs by season. There are many ways to touch them and we need to mix it up. If you have access to Buffini training, they have a good process and Richard Robbins and Chris Leader offer similar processes. Many subscribe to newsletter providers so it is automated for you and you can fill in the gaps with phone calls and dropbys as Buffini terms personal visits. There are many providers of this type of service and some brands offer inhouse templates that you can access. If you are disciplined and organized this is an economical solution but if you find that you are not consistently doing it, subscribe to a service. Dropbys take time but cost little otherwise unless you are adding a gift like calendars, pumpkins, poinsettias, BBQ tool etc. When you start this is easy, as you get busier and your time more valuable, many add in collective events like skating parties, boat cruises, sled or horse drawn cart rides, BBQ's, movie days etc. Don't underestimate the importance of staying in touch with your clients. This is the most important source of repeat business and referrals. They know what you do intimately, they like you, reciprocity (they may want to return the favour) your top of the mind and can easily stay on top, they tell people about their new home and how they got it or got rid of the old one.
  • SuzieStanford | 19 Nov 2014, 03:51 PM Agree 0
    Thanks Mike for your stellar recommendations. These are all helpful tools and ones that I will implement into my style and strategy. Anyone else have any ideas?
Post a reply