Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Industry governing body slams CREA’s ‘over-promising’ ad

Notify me of new replies via email
Ephraim Vecina | 31 Aug 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
CREA maintains that the ‘misleading’ ad’s humour does not change the fact that a buyer will be better protected by an expert’s experience and knowledge
  • Alister | 31 Aug 2016, 12:17 PM Agree 0
    Well done CREA on your stand.
    You have to wonder at the logic and double standards
    of the advertising watchdog, it's amazing how
    a bunch of Polar bears drinking coke from bottles is
    perfectly ok in the Coca Cola advertisement, but they think
    the CREA ad is misleading!

• | 31 Aug 2016, 12:45 PM Agree 0
    CREA has posted many ads that make our potential clients look like idiots. I have been in business for many years, and have posted funny ads
    to draw attention. They have been making fun of my business, not my clients. I AM SURE THE PUBLIC DOES NOT LIKE TO SEE THEMSELVES AS FOOLS.
    I believe the public has access to information they can use to buy or sell a property by themselves. Our profession is to respect their knowledge and use it to guide them to find the best property available that suit their needs. When acting as a listing Agent it is our job to market the property in its best light, to bring the most Buyers to the front door, co-operate with Buyer Agents and their clients in an honest
    and reputable manner and see that both Seller and Buyer are satisfied with the result.
  • Jim, Ontario | 31 Aug 2016, 01:05 PM Agree 0
    Doesn't surprise me. Maybe they should be more concerned about "ALL" ads regarding the soft drink companies. They show how comsuming "their pop" makes you cool and refreshed. The truth is soft drinks are a "BIG" reason we have obesity, decaying teeth. It weakens the immune system allowing cancer cells to activate. Obviously they have the time. Rather than crucifying the already over regulated Real Estate industry . Sincerely Jim (just saying).
  • Kevin Lambert | 06 Sep 2016, 07:43 PM Agree 0
    I personally feel that this is one of the best ads ever run by CREA and have had family and friends alike respond favorably to it. I am happy to see that CREA is sticking by its ad. The ad is both informative and entertaining. It is unfortunate that they would issue such an obtuse reprimand, clearly they do not understand the nature of our business.
Post a reply