Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Latest HPI report shows cooling markets across Canada

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 12 Mar 2015, 10:24 AM Agree 0
February marked the fourth straight deceleration of the country’s housing price index, an early sign of cooling housing markets across the country, despite a 4.4 per cent increase over the same period last year.
  • E W Scharf | 12 Mar 2015, 11:15 AM Agree 0
    Well..we just went through the coldest February in history...housing inventory is down in most markets....you cant sell houses that aren't on the market...and houses are selling faster for more money than the same time last year..in the market I am in..Kitchener Waterloo....so I think cooling market is a misread of the actual market...We have multiple offers on listings and prices aren't going down so I am not sure what the Housing Price Index is showing...think the patient is well and the Doctor needs and attitude adjustment...
  • | 12 Mar 2015, 11:17 AM Agree 0
    I am just wondering why Real Estate Professional, never mentions any city in Nova Scotia or any Maritime Provinces? Probably because we are smaLL COMPARED TO Quebec, Ontario and Western Provinces??????? Thank you
  • Ernie G. | 12 Mar 2015, 11:39 AM Agree 0
    Year over year numbers dont mean much if the cooling off started 3 to 6 months ago. They are deceptive and may lead to a false sense of security. What would be interesting to look at is what has been happening since January of this year.
Post a reply