Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Lighter Side: Is this ad too sexy?

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 01 May 2015, 09:32 AM Agree 0
It’s no secret that sex sells, but one real estate agent may have taken it over the top with this listing video.
  • EddieN | 01 May 2015, 12:09 PM Agree 0
    That is the worst video ever! It's not sexy at all. The music is annoying. There is nothing about the property, except for a few accent pieces and horrible broadloom. This is a perfect example of money poorly spent.
  • Entourage | 01 May 2015, 12:30 PM Agree 0
    Was that Gary Buse he at the end drinking a flask as their realtor :D that has got to be the funniest video I've ever seen my life a little bit too much attention on the talents and not enough on the property! if they can find a balance it might just sell. Right now it just looks like the trailer from Entourage ✌️
  • | 01 May 2015, 12:39 PM Agree 0
    Actually it was a pretty creative concept showing a couple living in their beautiful home (that they were beautiful and had some scenes was the point of keeping the attention going), so while it certainly dragged a little they did show some of the house, the view, and amenities of the area. The music got tedious and the agent at the end was a little hilarious but a not a bad thinking outside the box idea!
  • Dalia | 01 May 2015, 01:12 PM Agree 0
    Honestly don't have a problem with this video and I am a woman of a certain age group (ahem ..... over 50 lol!) If I had been editing this, I would have panned a front shot of the house at the beginning, and shortened the scene of them in bed (the bra was funny :). Otherwise the video just showed a couple going about their morning routine and did show some great details of the home.
  • Marty Douglas | 01 May 2015, 05:57 PM Agree 0
    The music was too tinny and dominant but the photography was great and the actors merely attractive props. If you think this is 'risque', you won't like the Australian ads using bondage and swat teams. Great ad - but next time give me the price.
  • Robin Telfer | 01 May 2015, 06:45 PM Agree 0
    From a Real Estate perspective there was not enough information about the home itself. It clearly was written and cast to stimulate female viewers. Today, more and more REALTORS are thinking outside the box and trying different and eclectic ways of showcasing properties. This message certainly found the mark, it ended up on REP's daily news report. However, I do think this video would be better suited for GOLD's GYM illustrating the benefits of daily workouts for a year or two. Curb appeal matters for many home purchasers and none of us who have seen this video have the faintest clue what the home looks like. The spindles on the outdoor staircase were cool, but is that all there is ?.....
  • Hanna k | 06 May 2015, 12:20 AM Agree 0
    I like this video because it bugs people. That's it. That's all.
  • Mel Kraft | 06 May 2015, 09:52 AM Agree 0
    I thought the ad was refreshing. Not your run of the mill ad instead of pointing out the features it pointed out the livability of the home. Will it help sell the house? Not so sure but nice to see a different approach and it kept me interested to the end.
  • Normand C | 08 May 2015, 12:19 PM Agree 0
    I totally agree with you. Not sexy at all, way too slow and the music is like you said, annoying... But it got our attention and that's the main purpose...
  • | 08 May 2015, 12:23 PM Agree 0
    Uh! NO. It's pathetic! Even the guy isn't great… maybe if the house was something but it's a big nothing too. Money well wasted, I'd say.
  • Dick Brady | 15 May 2015, 12:23 PM Agree 0
    I think this is a great video sales tool. Very creative - these days your promotions have to be different and edgy helps. The key elements of this home are the kitchen, bathroom and excellent views and this video shows all three to their best advantage. Well done!
Post a reply