Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Major brokerage expects home prices to rise, maybe

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 12 Jan 2015, 09:32 AM Agree 0
Home prices are expected to rise or remain stable in most Canadian markets this year, according to an in-depth report released by one industry organization.
  • | 12 Jan 2015, 11:22 AM Agree 0
    The title of your article, "Major brokerage expects home prices to rise, maybe" is a little misleading.

I saw the headline and wondered which brokerage is making that statement so I quickly read on to see which brokerage has economists on staff. As it turns out it isn't a brokerage at all that you're quoting. You're quoting a real estate franchise brand. I expect there are many brokerages and agents that contribute to that summary report, but it isn't one brokerage. And I'm not sure there is a dedicated economist on staff within the organization. That (providing consumer data), clearly, isn't their primary business.

Consumers are already confused as to the various brokerages within the brand, how they differentiate themselves from the rest, and how their agents can all deliver the same brand promise. Misleading headlines like this really don't help.
Post a reply