Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Managing time

Notify me of new replies via email
Penny L. | 03 Mar 2015, 03:45 PM Agree 0
I'm finding now, with my business starting to pick up, it's getting hard to manage my time between all the tasks I have to do - even the things that aren't directly related to selling like social media and my newsletter. How do you guys manage your time when the business gets busy?
  • Stefan Regier | 07 Jun 2015, 02:29 PM Agree 0
    Having been through those growing pains myself, I find that time blocking is highly effective. Set a certain hour each day/week what have you, and dedicate that to a specific task - family time cannot be forgotten either.
  • Ray Werger | 07 Jun 2015, 08:22 PM Agree 1
    Use all the technology tools that are available: Web forms, Touchbase, Electronic Lockboxes, and most of all Electronic Signatures. I no longer have to drive across town for a simple price reduction or listing extension, I do the vast majority with e-signatures.

Texting is also a great tool for setting up showings with seller clients or communicating counter offers and so on. The less time you can spend phoning people, getting busy signals, or have to go through the obligatory idle chit chat, the better.

Organize your day and appointments by setting them up geographically. If you have a property that is hot, set up your showings in groups rather than individual ones all over the map. I once had a hot foreclosure listing and I showed it twice a week, Wednesday & Saturday at 11:00 a.m. and no other times.

Keep learning and keep tweaking your business.

Ray Werger
    Royal LePage West Real Estate Services
    Immediate Past President, Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
    Surrey, BC
Post a reply