Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Next steps for real estate board amalgamation announced

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 29 Aug 2016, 08:49 AM Agree 0
Further details have been revealed around British Columbia’s potential real estate board unification
  • Erik aase | 29 Aug 2016, 11:16 AM Agree 0
    I think it's great that everyone on the mainland amalgamates!
    I'm so happy that vireb isn't participating as we would have been swallowed
    By the lower mainland and their agents.......Like a plague of locusts! Lol
  • | 29 Aug 2016, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    Interesting that BCREA is open to feed back, question etc. I had sent an e mail asking about individual board assets. The had been acquired by the Realtors fees of the individual boards and how would these assets be balanced out. Not one reply!!!
  • Ontario Realtor | 28 Nov 2016, 02:09 PM Agree 0
    I'm assuming you believe that in the case of a merger of the Boards, the individual boards should sell their assets, pay their liabilities and give the net to the current members. The problem is I doubt very much that you or any member bought a Share in the Board when you joined, and that when a Member left the Board they sold their share to someone who wanted to join the Board. I suspect that your board is a Not For Profit Organization and if you look into its documents you will see that the net proceeds of a Sale of the Assets are to be given to a charity. (You could also look on your board's balance sheet to see if the Board has any share capital)Ont.

In the case of a merger of the boards, all assets and liabilities would be assumed by the legitimate successor organization.
Post a reply