Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Office Space

Notify me of new replies via email
LukeWyatt | 11 Nov 2014, 09:16 AM Agree 0
Dilemmas, dilemmas. In 2004, my company purchased two office spaces for commercial companies to set-up their businesses. For a while, it yielded high returns but as staff grew at these companies, they needed a bigger, more accessible space to set up shop. Since then, we’ve had little success leasing the older office space units and with office construction at a high in major cities like Toronto and Calgary, I’m worried we won’t be able to hang on much longer. Should I just take the loss or is there a better way to get someone in there? How do I make it attractive again for commercial employees?
  • JayListon | 02 Dec 2014, 02:50 PM Agree 0
    There’s a lot happening with office construction right now. While there are a lot of new offices being built, demand is still strong. Target smaller business and you may be able to find what you’re looking for. Otherwise, I’d suggest selling your old offices and investing in a newer one to meet the demand for consumers. Real Estate Professional Magazine had a story on this recently.
Post a reply