Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

One big bank’s bleak outlook for the housing market

Notify me of new replies via email
Justin da Rosa | 21 Oct 2016, 08:15 AM Agree 0
Take heart, agents, it could be much worse
  • Mike Rogers Dominion Lending | 21 Oct 2016, 02:21 PM Agree 0
    I think it mat be a devastating hit in 2017
  • Greg M | 22 Oct 2016, 08:05 AM Agree 1
    As an agent I welcome the changes. It's much better for the long term health of the industry. The last two years have not been fun as an agent in terms of chaos amd frustration for everyone.
  • Greg M | 22 Oct 2016, 08:09 AM Agree 0
    It may be in some areas, but other areas will continue with strong growth. Canadian real estate is very regional.
  • Greg M | 22 Oct 2016, 08:11 AM Agree 1
    It may be in some areas, but other areas will continue with strong growth. Canadian real estate is very regional.
  • Paul Hudson Mortgages | 22 Oct 2016, 03:01 PM Agree 0
    As a mortgage broker in the Vancouver area, I still have clients being beat-out on competing offer over-the-asking-price on residential properties as of Friday this week. This has been on condo-type properties in the $500K-1 mil range. I'm curious to see if the recent government changes will have any significant long-term influence on more "affordable" priced properties that working Vancouver citizens need, in order to stay local. Time will tell.
  • Victoria P. | 26 Oct 2016, 01:52 PM Agree 0
    I am a Realtor and in favor of the new Rule. It will simply protect Buyers to really buy something that they can truly afford.
Post a reply