Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Open House Woes

Notify me of new replies via email
JayListon | 12 Nov 2014, 11:02 AM Agree 0
I’ve been hosting a series of open houses for a home in Bloordale Village, but instead of people looking to buy, I’m getting nosey neighbours and busy bodies who just want a free look at the house. Is there a better way to draw actual buyers to open houses or is it always a free-for-all?
  • Ahmed El Hajj Hassan | 14 Nov 2014, 11:45 AM Agree 0
    In this market condition, patience is a must. Depending on how you market your open house, targeting specific areas may be a good strategy to attract potential buyers. I am fairly new to this career and my first few open houses seemed useless and a waste of time but proved to be a valuable tool later.
    Good luck
  • | 14 Nov 2014, 01:15 PM Agree 0
    one way to deal with this is to actually host a neighbourhood open house. send out a flyer (drop it on the neighbours doors. Have then come one hour before the actual open house. They get to see the house and then the real open house will not be interrupted.
  • Danilo Martinez Realtor | 14 Nov 2014, 01:30 PM Agree 0
    It's very unlikely you will find a buyer from an Open House. Take advantage of your open house traffic and inquire about their representation or ask if they know someone who is in the market. You'll likely find more leads which could result in more business, even if it isn't for that particular listing.
  • Ron Blache-Fraser, Realtor @ Royal lepage | 15 Nov 2014, 02:32 PM Agree 0
    The purpose of an open house is to represent the Property and your Seller as a Professional Realtor, and get it SOLD. Once you accept that responsibility, you will have surprising success in finding buyers for your listings.
  • FenanFalco | 17 Nov 2014, 02:35 PM Agree 0
    @AhmedHassan Are there a series of questions I should be asking, perhaps interacting more with people? What kinds of things did you do to make it a ‘valuable tool?
Post a reply