Real Estate Professional forum is the place for positive industry interaction and welcomes your professional and informed opinion.

Part time? My clients know I’m not in it for the money so they trust me

Notify me of new replies via email
Real Estate Professional | 10 Oct 2014, 09:28 AM Agree 0
He has a full-time job, sells real estate in the afternoons and evenings, and is building a growing clientele. This is how Eric Chan juggles a day job, rude agents and working his network to get new business.
  • Steward Fulford | 10 Oct 2014, 02:41 PM Agree 0
    "How did you get involved in real estate?"
    He said, "I actually started off looking for an option for part-time income."

He said, "I’m not in it for the money"

He's in it for the money, trust me.
  • Russ | 10 Oct 2014, 03:35 PM Agree 0
    Sure, if you are not in it for the money, you should donate all your commisions to charity.
    How can your clients trust you when the 1st thing you do is to mislead them with such a phoney statement. If you took your spare time and did missionary work , animal rescue ar cleaned up public parks and beaches , some of us might believe you- unless we were suspiciuos that this was simply a well devised networking plan to find clients.
    My clients know "I am in it for the money".They also know that I actually care about them and they celebrate my success as it is directly linked to their success
  • | 10 Oct 2014, 04:12 PM Agree 0
    "I'm not in it for the money" ... I had one of those agents working on my listing too! Guess what! They did not work very hard and now my listing is hurting!!! It has been on the market for 60 days with 40 viewings. I wished my agent was in it for the money and perhaps will be motivated to sell my place so she can make some money.

So should we also assume that while you are getting paid at your full-time employment, you are also conducting some part-time business? What kind of integrity does that reflect?
  • Shaun | 10 Oct 2014, 04:37 PM Agree 0
    Reading his blog I knew right away what kind of criticism hes gonna get from his fellow real estate agent. The sad news is real estate industry is full of uneducated realtor who never had jobs outside being real estate. They tend to be HATERS who hate others doing things differently. They hated to see part time agents dominate the industry. I had a co-worker who is a part time realtor and quite successful that everyone looks up to him. He was also an accomplish man in his own respective profession as a supply chain management. So these previous comments I can tell are from..1. uneducated individual with no formal education but OREA 2. disgruntled agent 3. agent that has not sold anything 4. old white farts that cannot comprehend with any other ethnic but their own. STOP HATING! To the author of this post show these fags how you do it part time!
  • John | 11 Oct 2014, 06:08 PM Agree 0
    the mans got verbal crap coming out of his mouth any any one that works for nothing is called a volunteer and if he works for nothing tell him to give it to charity and if I was a buyer I would say trust you not a chance especially when you say you work for nothing. Go golfing in your spare time or tennis or do volunteer work at a hospital
  • | 18 Oct 2014, 08:19 PM Agree 0
    Guy's don't get jealous, go get a daytime job as well and double your income, then you are on even ground with the Author!
  • | 18 Oct 2014, 08:19 PM Agree 0
    Guy's don't get jealous, go get a daytime job as well and double your income, then you are on even ground with the Author!
  • | 20 Oct 2014, 01:43 PM Agree 0
    We all know how to sell our current position, be it part-time or full-time, discount or traditional. There's a place for all. What I do respect is that this particular 'part-time' agent at least discloses the fact that he has another job to his prospects/ clients. Most part-time agents I know do not disclose the fact. I feel it's deceptive - as the public generally assume their agent is full-time. If you can sell them on 'not in it for the money' or better 'part timers make better agents' .... then hats off for selling ice to Eskimos.
  • Balm Real Estate | 22 Oct 2014, 03:34 PM Agree 0
    As a full-time practicing real estate broker, working with these part-time realtors is like driving on the 401 with a tractor in the right lane: sure they are a street-legal vehicle, but ill suited (not to mention dangerous) to be on a motorway with other fast moving vehicles.

Part time realtors can be hard to reach (because they are working their full time jobs), have been known to make mistakes that put their clients in jeopardy and oftentimes treat the process far more adversarially than is necessary (this gentleman refers to other agents as rude; one wonders if he is conducting himself in such a way that is eliciting the very rudeness he complains about).

I can safely drive around a tractor on the 401, but it’s says more about MY skills than the tractor’s.
Post a reply